Do it yourself - Binaries
If you are interested in building your own version of freeradius on Windows XP... follow the directions below. Other versions of windows OS may work... but these directions were written using XP. We have not been able to build the latest 2.1.X version of freeradius but have successfully built versions 2.0.X and below... they are not posted on this site because they were never adequately tested/validated.
We often get requests to have FreeRADIUS.net compiled with specific build parameters or with support with specific RLM's. Most of the time this requests are not feasible based on limitations of the "Cygwin" environment FreeRADIUS.net is built on. Suffice it to say FreeRADIUS.net includes most all the functionality possible without actually writing OS specific code...
FreeRADIUS.net is built using UN-MODIFIED source code from "freeradius.org".
Binary build procedure as follows:
1) Install latest versions of Cygwin; follow wizard defaults with the exception of packages BE SURE to install ALL packages, takes about 2gb of space
2) Download freeradius source from freeradius.org
- Be warned: we have not built anything successfully later than 2.0.X, but have not done any testing with those binaries...
- cd /tmp
- tar zxvf
- cd freeradius-version.tgz
- ./configure --disable-shared --prefix=/usr/local/freeradius --without-rlm_krb5 --without-rlm_pam --without-rlm_sql_oracle --without-rlm_perl
- make && make install
NOTE: All these binaries MUST be run within the Cygwin environment. To run these binaries on another machine WITHOUT the same version of Cygwin installed you MUST copy the following cygwin dlls:
NOTE: These specific versions may also very... based on the release of Cygwin you download